How to Volunteer
Be Part of Something Important and Rewarding in Dubuque
Many seniors need help with transportation. Without it, they withdraw from their communities, their families and friends and lose their independence. DuRide is a non-profit organization unique to Dubuque that provides seniors with the transportation they need, matching ride requests with willing volunteers. Dubuque is an All America City and The Most Livable Small City in the U.S. and DuRide is an important part of the community.
Volunteer on Your Terms
Please volunteer today – DuRide will fit any schedule.
Join our 160 volunteers who are “paying it forward”!
DuRide volunteers drive their own vehicle to provide needed rides in Dubuque, Asbury, and East Dubuque.
You can volunteer on your own terms, when you can. It works in anyone’s schedule.
Volunteering is simple.
- You’ll need a current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- We’ll complete a routine background check of driving and criminal records. This offers peace of mind to riders.
- You use your own vehicle and a mileage reimbursement is available.
- You’ll receive a year-en statement that shows the rides you provided and the miles you drove.
To find out more, call 563-451-4999 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a Lifeline
Do you love to drive and have some spare time on your hands?
Think how fun and rewarding your help and companionship would be to a senior who can no longer get behind the wheel.
Older adults in Dubuque can remain active and independent once they stop driving. With DuRide, allowing them to stay independent and stay connected to families, friends and activities. DuRide is available in Dubuque, Asbury and East Dubuque.
How Do Seniors Use DuRide?
Members call DuRide to arrange for their ride, which is then shared with volunteers.
Typical destinations include:
- Medical appointments
- Grocery store
- Meals out
- Church services
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Recreational activities – movies, concerts, plays, casino, exercise